Liz’s recommendation: mamamusings: social software reading list:
* Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities, and Software, by Steven Johnson.
* Six Degrees: The Science of a Connected Age, by Duncan Watts.
* Smart Mobs: The Next Social Revolution, by Howard Rheingold.
* Linked: The New Science of Networks, by Albert-L�szl� Barab�si.
* Small Pieces Loosely Joined, by David Weinberger.
* “The Strength of Weak Ties,” by Mark Granovetter [from the American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 78, No. 6. (May, 1973), pp. 1360-1380.] RIT faculty can retrieve a PDF of this article by going to the JSTOR database via the RIT library, and searching for author=Granovetter and title=weak ties in the Sociology journals.
Some of the feedback suggestions are also interesting.